Friday, January 11, 2019

Guest Column Published in Des Moines Register

It's a constant priority of my work with the North American Primate Sanctuary Alliance to focus on ending monkey rodeos. Although it can seem overwhelming because they pop up all over the country, and we often don't hear about them until days before they occur, these events are sufficiently harmful and totally unnecessary that it remains a top priority. There are no redeeming qualities to a monkey rodeo, which is why when I read an article about one happening this week in Des Moines, Iowa, I felt compelled to write - and quickly.

My guest column in the Des Moines Register was published a few days later.


Since then, I've seen the article shared well and was pleased to hear from friends whose opinions were swayed by it. I'm grateful that the Register printed this piece, and I hope that readers in Des Moines especially might think twice before attending their local monkey rodeo this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment