Thursday, July 6, 2017

Quoted in Isthmus

Alternative Madison, Wisconsin newspaper Isthmus recently wrote about a fledgling primate sanctuary in the area, and included a quote from me.


I first met Amy Kerwin at the 2014 NAPSA Workshop in San Antonio, Texas. At the time she was fundraising to build a sanctuary for lab monkeys in Madison. Since that time, I have gotten to know her much better because she is now only months away from welcoming monkeys to her facility, and she is an Introductory member of NAPSA (of which I am the Program Director.) Her sanctuary is going to primarily house macaques, a species that is very commonly used in research and also notoriously difficult to place in sanctuaries (for a variety of reasons that I won't get into here.) Needless to say, I am quite excited for her sanctuary, Primates Incorporated, to open because it will help monkeys, and help me place monkeys!

Click here to read the full article.

No comments:

Post a Comment