Saturday, March 5, 2016

Quoted in New York Daily News

Pop star Justin Bieber recently had a cover story in GQ magazine, where he expressed interest in getting a second pet monkey. A few years ago, he had been gifted a pet capuchin but abandoned her in Germany after she was confiscated due to insufficient import paperwork - so you can see why getting a pet monkey is ill-advised for anyone, but particularly for a touring performer with a bad history.

On behalf of NAPSA, I wrote a letter imploring him to reconsider this statement. I shared it with a contact at TMZ who I have worked with before, and the story was quickly picked up as their head story. After that, it was carried by multiple sources, including The Sun, The Huffington Post, Vanity Fair, Daily Mail, Marie Claire, and more.

The New York Daily News quoted me as the author of the letter:



I was very pleased that it got so much attention - I hope it got Justin Bieber's attention too!



No comments:

Post a Comment