Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New events in the new year

The new year has proven to be a busy one thus far, so excuse the lack of recent posts. Really, a quiet blog can be a good thing, for it means the author has her hands full!

Today I received something exciting in the mail...This month's issue of Avon Monthly (a community magazine),  featuring a cover mention and full-page article where I am interviewed about Monkey Business and the path that led me to write the book. I don't have a link to the article yet but I plan to scan it and will be posting it here shortly.

Research and writing for Primate Rescue Center's various social media sites and sanctuary publications is keeping me pleasantly occupied. It's especially beneficial because it keeps me abreast of all news in the primatology world. I consider myself quite lucky to have this opportunity to work for PRC.

Looking forward, there will be a book sale / fundraising collaboration with Born Free USA in a few months, and I've been asked to review Robert M. Sapolsky's audiobook A Primate's Memoir: A Neuroscientist's Unconventional Life Among the Baboons. I will post that review when it's complete.

Additionally, I will continue sharing news about the exciting Nonhuman Rights Project as developments occur and chimpanzee rights are defended.

I anticipate great things are to come on all fronts!

Stay tuned and thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment