Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Working for the Primate Rescue Center!


Well, I've once again partnered up with one of my favorite sanctuaries - Primate Rescue Center!


Their lovely sanctuary in Kentucky is home to more than 50 primates that were rescued from medical research or living as pets, and includes eleven chimpanzees and ten different species of monkeys. 

One of their residents, a macaque named Boo, happens to grace the cover of a certain book I'm sure you're all familiar with...


Primate Rescue Center is also where I interned for an amazing week in 2006. I wish I had been able to escape my "real" life and stay there longer! I will forever be grateful to this organization, and its founder April Truitt, for giving me my first break in the primatology world.

Now, I'm lucky to work with these folks again! I've been hired to help update the 'In The News' section of their website by regularly posting news stories about apes and monkeys. 

You can stay on top of primates in the news here, thanks to Primate Rescue Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment